Hediger Cemetery is located on NW 150th St, 0.1 to 0.2 mile west of the intersection of
N. May Ave and NW 150th St in Oklahoma City. The cemetery is on the south side of the road.
The GPS coordinates are 353724N and 0973411W.
In the 1890's Rev. Jacob and Maria Hediger moved to Edmond, Oklahoma. He had hopes
of establishing a church on his farm. Although he gave land to the church for a church building and
cemetery, a church was never built.
On 8 Dec 1903, Rev. Jacob and Maria Hediger conveyed the property to Henry Dahl, Fred
Boschen and Henry Yentz and their successors as Trustees of the Evangelishe Lutherische
St. Johanes Kirches of which Rev. Hediger was the Pastor. St. Johanes Church was a Lutheran
Church in the Edmond Oklahoma area that was established by German speaking immigrants in
the late nineteenth century and was affiliated with the German Evangelical Lutheran Synod of
Nebraska. The property was used for cemetery purposes by a number of families that had been
affiliated with the church. The Evangelishe Lutherische St. Johanes Kirches became extinct and
ceased to function in about 1919. On 11 Dec 1963, Traugott Hediger, a son and heir of both
Jacob and Maria Hediger, deeded the property to the Peace Lutheran Church of Edmond, Oklahoma.
The original books of cemetery records were given to them at that time. Peace Church sold the
cemetery about 1996.
The Hediger Cemetery was transcribed in November 2010 by members of the OHCE
Genealogy Group, Oklahoma County.
Diagram of the cemetery
Names of those buried at Hediger Cemetery